Turning the brightness down doesn’t alleviate that, does it?
Recently, researchers have found evidence that suggests the colour temperature of one’s monitor can effect on your circadian rhythms, headaches, etc.
Obviously, it’s not a cureall, but it goes a long way to help. I’ve been using it for years, and it helps avoid headaches and other annoyances.
Here’s what f.lux has to say:
Ever notice how people texting at night have that eerie blue glow?
Or wake up ready to write down the Next Great Idea, and get blinded by your computer screen?
During the day, computer screens look good—they’re designed to look like the sun. But, at 9PM, 10PM, or 3AM, you probably shouldn’t be looking at the sun.
F.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer’s display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.
It’s even possible that you’re staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.
It’s available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and iPhone/iPad.
god bless the world the strain on my eyes went away
woah ok that’s a bit odd at first but
man it does feel better to look at
WHOA i didn’t expect that to work as fast as it did? but dang this is pretty nice
- thingsjoelleneedstokeepinmind reblogged this from monckey4
- singsongsung likes this
- jaimelannister likes this
- towerofpomps reblogged this from afigureofspeech
- magical-girls likes this
- michelangeloed reblogged this from afigureofspeech
- kawaiijolras likes this
- nonveganzombie likes this
- afigureofspeech reblogged this from chipofmintchocolate
- rimanda likes this
- asociopathslovenote reblogged this from deanerschnitzels
- cheeky-eyes likes this
- oregongirl293 reblogged this from chipofmintchocolate
- rocketverliden reblogged this from trespeak
- rocketverliden likes this
- thespokesman likes this
- trespeak reblogged this from vantwinblade
- vantwinblade reblogged this from chipofmintchocolate
- junebug322 likes this
- junebug322 reblogged this from chipofmintchocolate
- macchime likes this
- zaralecki likes this
- xtremismrk9 likes this
- katelynpossible likes this
- chipofmintchocolate reblogged this from laminuitpluie and added:
- ihadanartblock reblogged this from gonewiththegaru
- edwarderic likes this
- koshyk reblogged this from tsunbathing
- jaderzdapirate likes this
- shaestel reblogged this from yatamisaaki
- monsieur-duboncote likes this
- emperorsnewkawaii likes this
- moonhunter02 likes this
- azirabel likes this
- tsunbathing reblogged this from yatamisaaki
- beekwhy likes this
- yatamisaaki reblogged this from gonewiththegaru
- nikkoyukimi likes this
- gonewiththegaru reblogged this from elizzibeth
- adamshipp likes this
- letsstoretutorialshere reblogged this from ruggedindividual
- thiskumquat reblogged this from bittergrapes
- kidcrashings reblogged this from ouendanl
- inthecompanyofdwarves likes this
- erikathegreat likes this
- andotherearedays likes this
- super-rainbows reblogged this from briolette
- jamiereagans likes this
- quietlittleplanet reblogged this from ziams
- noxiic likes this